Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
DO NOT GO TO A GP SURGERY, PHARMACY OR HOSPITAL
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
URGENT ADVICE: Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- You feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- Your condition gets worse
- Your symptoms do not get better after 7 days.
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Tips for staying at home
It is important to stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading.
- Try to keep at least 2 metres (3 steps) from other people in your home, particularly older people or those with long-term health conditions
- Ask friends and family and delivery services to deliver things like food shopping and medicines – but avoid contact with them
- Sleep alone if possible
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Try and say away from older people and those with long term health conditions
- Drink plenty of water and take everyday painkillers, such as paracetamol and ibuprofen to help with your symptoms
- Do not have visitors (ask people to leave deliveries outside)
- Do not leave the house, for example to go for a walk, to school or public places